Business Development and Operations Manager
Faith Regen Foundation Limited - London
Responsible to: CEO
Job Type: Full-time
Closing date: 25th May 2017
Job start date: June 2017
Salary range: £28,000-£32,000 per annum full-time (35 hours/week)
FRF is committed to securing sustainable jobs for the most disadvantaged individuals such as BAME groups, ex-offenders, lone parents, women, long-term unemployed, young people and refugees. We work with the full knowledge that these individuals often face many barriers that have to be overcome before they are able to enter the labour market. FRF International is our international wing and we are very excited about developing a sustainable economic model which will support our various activities in Asia and Africa. It is an exciting time for FRF, who will be working on Domestic Violence, NEET, and community projects from 2017-2019 in BAME communities in the UK as the organisation intends to strategically expand its operations through transferable skills and knowledge to locations globally.
Position: The Business Development and Operations Manager will play a significant role in growing the size of the organisation through partnerships and finances. He/she will be responsible for providing strategic guidance on the growth of the organisation. He/she will be responsible for focus on raising 5-6 digit figures for the organisation, leading on its international networks and relationships in Asia, Africa and the UAE and managing, monitoring and evaluating the organisation’s current contracts.
• Provides the organisation with practical advice on the functions, objectives and requirements to implement its 5 year strategy; provides guidance and advice on business continuity
• Is responsible for raising much needed funds through several streams of fundraising through government funding, other institutional including local authorities, Lottery, ESF, trusts and foundations. This includes full drafting of tenders, bid documents and fundraising applications and maintaining a database of donors.
• Be responsible for developing the marketing strategy and implementing it through a small team. This includes developing crowd funding strategies and projects, developing the community fundraising strategy and implementing at least one project in 2017.
• Develop strong and sustainable relationships and funding for its overseas projects internationally for the year 2017 onward in health and education.
• Work in partnership with current Prime Contractors in London and develop relationships with new ones for its projects in Work and Health between 2017-2019.
• Line manage staff within the organisation in association to providing training in any related needed subject and manage the Not in Education and Employment Training (NEET) project with some management of the Domestic Violence project. Train staff on business development and fundraising.
• Ensure consistency of both internal and external profile of FRF’s mission and image nationally and globally. Ensure that brand value is developed and maintained and used effectively across all operations and is in line with FRF overall strategy.
- Making sure of the effective administration of at least two projects
- Engaging with UK and international based working groups and networks (where appropriate)
- Keeping up to date with the major issues and solutions pertaining to FRF’s areas of work
- Undertaking any other reasonable duty and tasks that may from time to time be requested by the CEO.
- Proven track record of securing five-six digit grants and contracts within the last 2 years (essential + written test)
- Proven track record of managing projects, staff, interns and volunteers at mid-senior level (essential + written test)
-Proven track record of working in community projects including projects involving Domestic Violence (for women and children), for youth (including NEET) and community mobilisation (essential + interview)
- Academic and practical working experience in the non-profit sector (essential + interview)
- Experience of working with international bodies (essential + interview).
- Experience of managing budgets and tracking expenditure (essential + written test).
- Experience of working with different cultures and contexts (essential + interview).
- Significant experience in conducting research (essential + interview).
- Masters or advanced degree in business, marketing or a relevant social science subject.
Knowledge and skills:
- Post Graduate Degree (Essential)
- Project Management (Essential + references)
- Use of any CRM software (Essential)
- Membership of any professional body (desirable +interview and certificate)
- Strong analytical skills written and verbal English must be of the highest calibre (Essential + written and verbal test)
- Written and verbal English (Essential + test and written)
- Track record of working in UK and internationally for 3-5 years (Desirable + interview)
How to apply:
Interviews will be taken on week commencing Monday 29th May 2017