Building Better Opportunities (BBO) – Raising Aspirations for Women (RAFW)
Funded by: Big Lottery & ESF
In January 2017, Faith Regen Foundation started delivering the Building Better Opportunities project in partnership with Prevista, which is funded by Big Lottery (BL) and the European Social Fund (ESF).
The project aims to support BAME women in South London (namely Croydon) to enter and sustain employment and potentially move into education or job search. Clients who are our priority include those who are economically inactive and long-term unemployment from particularly hard-to-reach communities.
Our clients include:
· Recent immigrants with ESOL needs
· Those who are hose locked from the labour market by cultural issues
· Lone parents with childcare barriers
· Victims of domestic violence (DV)
· Those isolated with limited access to support
· Ex-offenders/risk of offending
· Those who have no work history or no recognized work qualifications
As of July 2017 have already worked with 57 women in South London to provide IAG, job search, confidence building, ESOL and additional skills to move them closer to the labour market.
Our clients come from various backgrounds – including Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Indian, Sri-Lankan, Somali, Nigerian and other BAME communities.